Dr. Gangemi utilizes many different types of laboratory testing available today. These range from the standard “medical” tests (usually involving blood drawn), to various other tests that not only measure disease/pathology, but functional problems, so an issue can be addressed before it gets worse, or even occurs. Below are some labs utilized in the office; click on the lab to go to their website to learn more about the tests each offers.
- Diagnos-Techs – Salivary-based hormone testing (male & female) as well as comprehensive stool analysis tests to measure for the presence of pathogens, food sensitivities, inflammation, and other markers
- Metametrix – Metabolic, toxicant, and nutritional testing. Breast cancer risk assessment test is often very informative as well as the “blood spot” tests to measure fatty acid profiles
- Genova Diagnostics – (formerly Great Smokies Lab) – Genova offers many tests but I primarily use them for their unique genetic tests to measure risk factors for cardiovascular issues, immune problems, digestive complications, bone health, and other systems
- Doctor’s Data – Many tests available from this lab. I like their drinking water analysis test as well as their urine toxic metal test, which I will often do when chelating a patient for heavy metals
- Sabre Science – Sabre offers salivary hormone and neurotransmitter testing
- NeuroScience – Neurotransmitter testing as well as unique immune system testing. This lab offers many different saliva, urine, and blood tests to measure too much to list here
- EnteroLab – Gluten sensitivity & celiac screening
- Esoterix (formerly Hemex) – Coagulation to Oncology testing and everything in-between. Over 2,500 testing assays
- IGenX – This lab’s specialty is Lyme Disease and other tick-borne diseases
- Cryex – New lab specializing in SALIVA GLUTEN sensitivity testing as well as many IgG, IgA, IgM antibodies (serum)
Additionally, here’s an interesting test called the Visual Contrast Sensitivity Test. It’s a $15 test that you can do right at home from your computer and is said to be highly effective in determining if you have biotoxins – whether from a toxic building, infection, or contaminant exposure.